Friday, March 18, 2011

Last Week with Tanner

I am feeling a little bitter sweet about going back to work on Monday. I know Tanner is going to be in great hands with the "Grandparents", I couldn't have asked for a better arrangement if I can't stay at home with him myself. I wish though I could stay at home with him, but well not right now. I have to admit I am a "little" excited to go back to work. Maybe I am just ready to get it over with, the anxiety and get a schedule going. I have had a wonderful 12 weeks off and will cherish every second of it. I am glad I was able to take this time to be with Tanner and develop the awesome bond that we now have.

So for the last week with Tanner we were very busy. Monday we went to Daddy's office and to lunch with Daddy and his co-workers. Tanner sat there like a big boy and stared at Chris the whole time, it was really sweet. On Tuesday we had a great lunch with Mary and baby Ellie (One of Tanner's older girlfriends) whom he has yet to see because every time we go to lunch with them Tanner is sleeping. On Wednesday we got the best visit from Ma Maw, Aunt Teresa and MiMi. Tanner put on the charm and was absolutely adorable. He fell asleep in Ma Maw's arms (no I didn't get a picture) and it was the sweetest thing ever. Then on Thursday we had another lunch date with the other older girlfriend in Tanner's life, Emma. Sarah and I have become really great friends and Emma absolutely is gaga over Tanner. She helped feed him and kept saying "baby Tanner." Tanner has a lot of girlfriends already!! Friday came along and even though Daddy wanted us to stay home I had a lot of things I had to get done before I went back to work. We packed up "Nonnie's" car and took all the items I had bought for MiMi and DenDen and went and got Tanner's room ready over at the Johnson Grandparents house. Then after that we went to see GiGi Green. We got lucky as Aunt Shirley was over there too. GiGi hadn't seen Tanner since Christmas, which was right when he was born and he has totally changed since then, so she was so happy to see him.

Tanner and I had a great last week together and I am again thankful for the quality time we have had together. I know he is going to be in great hands, and can't wait to enjoy the next chapter in our life!

No comments:

Post a Comment